Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Love gives your courage

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength;
 loving someone deeply gives you courage." 

Lao Tzu

There was a time in my life that I was sure that everybody loved me. I was supported. Everything I did and everywhere I went I felt light as a feather, confident, secure, almost arrogant. Then something changed. I had to move to an unfamiliar town with my two little baby boys. I had no friends. No family. No support. I started to fall. It wasn’t until I read this prompt that I realize what has been wrong with me all this time. I don’t feel loved. At least, not the close-up, hold me, hug me; make me feel good, kind of love.

And I can barely remember the last time I did feel that way because it’s been so long. And whom do I love?  

I love my children... 

But I don’t know anyone who makes me feel the deep-inside-makes-me-wanna-holler can’t-wait-to-jump-your-bones – kind of lust and attraction at ALL. With anyone. And I think everyone needs that – even if it’s just on birthdays and holidays…lol. I need a lover…

No comments:

Post a Comment