Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

There are several memes going around about being grateful. 

This one is pretty good: (Feel free to insert the name of your personal Deity)

Thank you for the sounds that disturbed my sleep as many woke today and could hear not. Thank you for all the things that I see around me as many woke today and could see not. Thank you for the muscles that move and allow me to get up as many woke today and could not. I thank you most of all for allowing me and those that I love to wake up, as this morning, many woke not.

And I agree, it was wonderful to wake up this morning. I count my blessings every day. Every day I am grateful and thankful. I am a naturally upbeat and cheerful person. I have every reason to smile. I am grateful for my life.

And I am so happy and blessed to be a Mom of three wonderful boys.

It’s Mother’s Day!

Today, though, I was also thoughtful which led to feeling an emotion that I haven’t felt in a while – melancholy.

If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.
-          Lao Tzu

So today I am spending a moment in my past. Today I am missing my Mom. I’m not feeling the celebration. I am thinking of all the things we didn’t do together. All the things we didn’t get the opportunity to say to each other. All the times I had stories to share…

I am sad and tearful and miss my Mommy!

I’m glad I could be here to see the birth of my children and my nan-children. I’m glad to be here to have made so many great memories. And it’s these memories that touch me that I could not share with my Mom. Her energy is with me, I know. Her physical presence is what I miss.


If I may I have just this moment, I’ll be better later. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment