Thursday, November 24, 2016

What I think of Hoʻoponopono.

Hoʻoponopono (ho-o-pono-pono) is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness.

I’m Sorry
Everywhere you look people are being hurt or often easily offended. In all cases, this is a highly personal response to what is going on in their lives. 'Take nothing personally', says Don Miguel Ruiz in his book 'The Four Agreements.'

Someone else cannot hurt you unless you take their words to heart.  Most conversations are of folks merely bragging or complaining. They may have direct correlation to something you need to say or do, but it’s hardly ever about you.

Please Forgive Me
For those people who have taken your words personally, the 12-step program provides a recourse in Step 8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all; and Step 9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

For those of you who have physically abused others, amends might clear the air, especially if sufficient time has passed, but I offer you this: Throw a plate on the floor. It shatters. Apologize. The plate is still broken. Forgiveness is for the forgiver, the wounded must find their solace in forgiveness as well.

Tim McAfee Lewis, of the Agape International Spiritual Center Choir wrote, ‘I forgive me, I forgive me, everything that I’ve been holding onto, I let go. I surrender, I surrender. I’m ready for my change.’

Forgiveness is the most important thing, it opens a place in our heart that has been closed, shadowed. It brings lightness to bear.

Thank You
We live in a gracious and abundant Universe. Every day when you wake up and open your eyes it is a brand new day. A new day to continue on the path or to do something different, to start something or even be someone new. Today is the first day of the best of your life. For this, we are grateful.

I Love You
There is no reason why I would NOT love you. The world is about peace. The majority of individuals want only to wake up, provide food and shelter for their families, and enjoy the fruits of their labors. The majority of individuals are not out to ‘get’ anyone. In the words of two great Beatles songs, the first, I Am the Walrus he sings: ‘I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together’: and in the second, ‘All you need is love. Love is all you need.’

Namaste. "The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you" - a knowing that we are all made from the same One Divine Consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment